Welcome to this portal into the scenic natural beauty of Wenonah, New
Jersey. Come discover what makes our area special,
what the WEC is doing to enhance it, and how
you can help.
- GLOUCESTER COUNTY BIRD QUEST: Saturday, May 2nd at 7:00 AM. It is
an opportunity to discover the amazing birds that surround us every day in
Gloucester County. The WEC will again be fielding a team that will be
focusing our quest on the great birds of the Wenonah Conservation Area and
Maple Ridge. To learn more, see the WEC
flyer as well as the Nature
- CLEAN COMMUNITIES DAY: Saturday, May 9th starting at 8:30 AM. Sign
in outside the Community Center (Train Station) to help the Borough with
simple beautification tasks. Please identify yourself as a WEC
participant so the Commission can receive monetary credit for your
valuable volunteer work! Kids are welcome.
- MAY MEETING: Wednesday, May 13th starting at 7:30 PM in the
Wenonah Community Center.
- INVASIVE SPECIES REMOVAL WORK PARTY: Saturday, May 16th starting
at 9:00 AM. Volunteers needed to protect trees in our conservation area from
fast-growing, invasive plants
Ivy and Wisteria.
We will be mainly clipping vines, then leaving them to rot naturally,
in-place. Meet at the Community Center (Train Station). Useful
tools would be clippers, loppers, and work gloves.
- January 2015: Our Senior Trailmaster, Frank Eggert, has
passed away at the age of 89. He was a founding member of the WEC in 1975,
and of its predecessor organization in 1965. He was a tireless advocate for
expansion of our trail system, remaining active in constructing and
maintaining it until just a month before his death. Many of the signs on the
trails today were built personally by him. You can see a photographic
tribute to some of his more recent work here
- January 2015: Welcome to Maria Ceravolo and Julie Ream
as the newest members of the WEC. Also, we extend a thank-you to Bill
Klaus and Chris Newman for their years of service as members.
- June 2014: Congratulations to Julianna Farina and Thomas
Sparks, winners of the WEC 6th Grade Student Environmental Awards for
2014. Each has received $75 in recognition of their interest in and
volunteer efforts toward the local environment.
- June 2014: Now you can "Like" us on Facebook. Please
visit the "Friends
of Wenonah Trails" page and share your best trail photos and
Last updated: 13 April 2015