Welcome to this portal into the scenic natural beauty of Wenonah, New
Jersey. Come discover what makes our area special,
what the WEC is doing to enhance it, and how
you can help.
- FALL WORK PARTY: Saturday, November 7th at 9 AM. Volunteers
needed to remove fallen trees and repair a broken trail bridge. Useful tools would be:
chain saws, hand saws, loppers, axes, and the like. Meet at the Sheppard Community Center (Train Station).
- NOVEMBER MEETING: Wednesday, November 11th starting at 7:30 PM in the
Sheppard Community Center.
- CLEAN COMMUNITIES DAY: Saturday, November 14th starting at 8:30 AM. Sign
up outside the Community Center (Train Station) to help the Borough with
simple beautification tasks. Please identify yourself as a WEC
participant so the Commission can receive monetary credit for your
valuable volunteer work! Kids are welcome.
- June 2015: Congratulations to 6th grade graduates Andrew
Doubleday and Catherine Lombardo, winners of the WEC Frank Eggert
Memorial Student Environmental Awards for 2015. Each has received $75 in recognition of their interest in and
volunteer efforts toward the local environment.
- January 2015: Our Senior Trailmaster, Frank Eggert, has
passed away at the age of 89. He was a founding member of the WEC in 1975,
and of its predecessor organization in 1965. He was a tireless advocate for
expansion of our trail system, remaining active in constructing and
maintaining it until just a month before his death. Many of the signs on the
trails today were built personally by him. You can see a photographic
tribute to some of his more recent work here
- January 2015: Welcome to Maria Ceravolo and Julie Ream
as the newest members of the WEC. Also, we extend a thank-you to Bill
Klaus and Chris Newman for their years of service as members.
Last updated: 4 November 2015