Welcome to this portal into the scenic natural beauty of Wenonah, New
Jersey. Come discover what makes our area special,
what the WEC is doing to enhance it, and how
you can help.
- JANUARY REORGANIZATION MEETING: Wednesday, January 13th starting at 7:30 PM in the
Sheppard Community Center.
- FIVE MILE HIKE (12th Annual): We challenge you to take in the entire Wenonah
trail system in just one day on Saturday, January 30th. The hike
starts at 1 PM at the corner of North East Avenue and East Elm Street near
the railroad pedestrian bridge.
- June 2015: Congratulations to 6th grade graduates Andrew
Doubleday and Catherine Lombardo, winners of the WEC Frank Eggert
Memorial Student Environmental Awards for 2015. Each has received $75 in recognition of their interest in and
volunteer efforts toward the local environment.
- January 2015: Our Senior Trailmaster, Frank Eggert, has
passed away at the age of 89. He was a founding member of the WEC in 1975,
and of its predecessor organization in 1965. He was a tireless advocate for
expansion of our trail system, remaining active in constructing and
maintaining it until just a month before his death. Many of the signs on the
trails today were built personally by him. You can see a photographic
tribute to some of his more recent work here
- January 2015: Welcome to Maria Ceravolo and Julie Ream
as the newest members of the WEC. Also, we extend a thank-you to Bill
Klaus and Chris Newman for their years of service as members.
Last updated: 6 January 2016